June 25, 2012

Merry Half Christmas!

 I love the holiday season, which I claim as November 1-January 2 (even though I celebrate all year round). I also love making lists, so here's a combination to begin the countdown to the most wonderful time of the year!

The Holidays

EVE
Stories
Autumn
Thanksgiving
The beautiful lights
The Forgotten Carols
Letters to Santa Claus 
Decorating the Christmas tree
The first snowfall of the season!!  
Countless movies and TV specials
The food! Oh baby I love the food!
Feelings of kindness and love that abound
White Christmas (the musical and hit song)
Struggles falling asleep because I'm so excited
The presents...yes I still love getting and giving gifts:)
The merry holiday tunes (which I listen to ALL YEAR ROUND)
The options for apparel are so diverse! Sweaters, layers, jackets, etc...
 Family gatherings
Hot chocolate
Traditions



All of these, and many others, are part of what make the holidays so incredible for me. However, there is one reason that I believe we should celebrate all year long. The main reason I  celebrate Christmas to recognize the birth of my Savior. Born in a humble stable He was the only one who could save us all. Jesus Christ gave us the greatest gift. He gave us the opportunity to be forgiven and return to live with our Heavenly Father and loved ones for all eternity. What more could anyone want? So while I am obsessed with everything in that list (which is supposed to be a Christmas tree), I am the most grateful for the humble birth of my Savior. Hope you all had a wonderful almost Christmas:)


No comments:

Post a Comment